Friday, April 29, 2011

What to do about school lunches?

The litle Divas' gluten free lunch box hasn't been the challenge I thought it would. She's a good eater, so long as she hasn't got tummy troubles, and has a wide variety of favourite foods. Here's what she took in her lunch box today....

An apple, a mandarin, a peeled carrot
2 steamed potatoes with herbed butter in a thermos
Beetroot slices in a sealed container
Pineapple slices in a sealed container
A plain mini bar of chocolate
Home made meringues
Slices of GF Strassbourg luncheon meat
Some poached chicken breast

That sounds like a lot, but I know she'll eat every bit. It's hard for a minute to think past the traditional sandwich and home baked goodies, but we're doing it and reaping the rewards.

Today I'm making some coconut macaroons, her other favourite and I'll be posting the recipe later.

Meanwhile, if there's something in particular you're hankering for and you're GF or Coeliac, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with. I can't promise I can help, but I'll give it a darned good try.

Here's to our (gluten free) health....Mimi...x

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Mimi. I will be reading with great interest, my son has been gluten free for a while but I am not a very inventive cook, so your inspiration will be much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lunch box sounds delicious! Looking forward to the macaroon recipe - I'll be posting some soon that should be suitable for you guys too. Cheers Sammy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx