Friday, August 26, 2011

All Things Homespun...more Gypsy Bohemian Bedroom Inspiration...inspiring elements


On my Tray of Bliss today, more Bohemian Bedroom ideas.

I'm trying to define the elements of this look so that Mademoiselle can replicate this look faithfully for her room.

Rich colours and textures are the focus in this first one, seen above. Not for the faint hearted, I'm thinking. But okay, so rich textures and colours added to the list...check.


A whimsical round bed (how does one not fall off at night I wonder?), with an equally whimsical canopy tied into rosebuds to keep it aloft during the day. The round bed I cannot do, but a dreamy canopy with whimsical touches I can...check.



Clearly, this is an anything goes style. The one pictured here is actually the interior of a Gypsy caravan, I think. Rococco, Baroque, Victoriana touches all noted....check.

This style is really a bit busy for todays minimalist decor, but maybe that's why my daughter and I love it. It's a happy jumble of well worn and cozy.

Lots of luxe fabric, cosy throws, worn surfaces and cuddly cushions are the order of the day.

Just the antidote for a frantic world. This is not a style for someone who worries about cleaning. Clearly the dusting and airing alone will give someone (me) a days work a month at least.

But it's worth it for the sake of a haven to come home to for a young daughter.

What's on your Tray of Bliss today?


2 comments:

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx