Friday, August 19, 2011

Frugal Friday....Repurposing for the garden...


On my Tray of Bliss today is a vow to repurpose as many things around the home as possilbe.

I was recently in the sad position of having to help two families farewell a baby born sleeping.

Out of such a sad situation, grew an outpouring of love and support, such as I 've never witnessed.

On the day of Babys' farewell, families all over Australia paid their own tribute.

Once again, this arose out of a community generated by a common on-line interest, and left me breathless in it's unity.

This was my tribute to the Babies. The Diva is outgrowing her childhood toys (a tale for another day), and I had intended donating this dolly sized high chair to the school fete.

Closer inspection revealed that the opening of the seat was just the right size to house a pretty flowering plant. So the high chair (bereft of baby) now sits in our garden, flowering prettily, as a reminder of Angels too precious to remain in this Earthly realm.

A fitting tribute, and sweet garden addition, and a link to a more meaningful conversation with The Diva in years to come, when I know she will ask the significance of the ornament.

It gives repurposing, real 'purpose'.

What's on your Tray of Bliss today?

3 comments:

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx