Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thoughts for Thursday...To live well, we must behave well...



On my Tray of Bliss today is a renewed sense of purpose on the idea of dining together.

I find it increasingly difficult to get the three of us together for dinner. The Diva has so many commitments, it's usually eat-on-the-go or not at all.

But I miss my pretty china, my placemats, my crystal glasses and beautiful serving dishes and utensils. I miss the conversations, the laughter and nagging my daughter about her table manners. For as the title of todays post suggests, learning to behave well is an important social skill.

This gorgeous photo has inspired me to set the table tonight come hell or high water.

I'll lay out the silk placemats, resurrect the linen serviettes, and use my prettiest platters.

Dinner will, once again, be an occasion.

What's on your Tray of Bliss today?


2 comments:

  1. That setting looks divine! (Jo drools)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately I am so over trying to make dinner the civilized occasion it should be. The hrs Brenton works at his pt job are not dinner friendly and disruptive to all sigh!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx