Friday, September 16, 2011

Fun on a Friday...Captain Hook Cupcakes


On My Tray of Bliss today is a bit of fun.

I've made these Captain Hook Cupcakes for an event this weekend that features a Peter Pan theme.

Aren't they cute?

Being a cake decorating novice, the decorating proved a challenge, but in the end it was dead easy.

I baked my favourite Chocolate Buttermilk cake in large muffin holes lined with silver muffin cups.

Once cooled I iced them in white glace icing.

The red sleeve of the jacket is a piece of Strawberry Sour Gummy Strap, the cuff is a slice of white marshmallow, and the hook is a strip cut from a licorice strap. The little buttons are silver cahcous fixed with a small blog of icing.

Not bad for a novice, eh?

If I can do it, you can too!

What's on your Tray of Bliss today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx