Thursday, September 22, 2011

The soothing sounds of water....


When I'm feeling stressed, I often turn to the sound of water to soothe me.

What is it about water that calms the soul and the heart?

Is it the cool gentle caress around the ankles?

The tinkling sound of droplets cascading into the depths?

The scent of green, blue and fresh?


Or is it just that we are reminded of our insignificance on this Earth, and that our problems are even less significant.


Just looking at these pictures calms me.

I hope they do the same for you.

I walk while listening to nature sounds on my iPod...sounds weird, but alas, no waterfalls where I live. So I improvise with the sound of waterfalls and melodies. You can too for very little. I bought mine for just $2 on eBay. Discount stores often have them as well. A very small indulgence to make that evening walk just a little more enjoyable. I'm always far more refreshed after a walk with my waterfall sounds. Blissful indeed.

What's on your Tray of Bliss today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx