Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Motherly Advice...Snuggerising your home....


I've been tidying and prettifying with rugs, cushions, mirrors and candles. The change of the seasons is a great time to reassess home and hearth, don't you think?

I knew someone a couple of years ago who called it Snuggerising.


'Snuggery' seems a primarily British term for a cozy corner of the home.

I was introduced to the notion of Snuggeries by a friend, Helen, who always had the most delightful ideas for little indulgences. Helen is a true romantic spirit and inspired me constantly with her sweet and lovely thoughts on living an abundant life.

Well, never being one to do things by halves, I've been snuggerising my entire home. It's funny how the terminology can get you going. If someone had said to me 'let's Spring Clean'...remembering the weather is nippy here...I'd have eyeballed them with enormous suspicion! However, 'Snuggery' and 'Snuggerising' puts a whole new complexion on things.

Starting at one end of the house and working towards the other is my plan, and I'm loving frou-frou-ing every little corner.

Cushions, cuddly knitted and crocheted rugs, faux fur throws, and other pretties are the order of the day....


...a Boho inspired beanbag and cushions...



...A lavish chocolate knitted rug to snuggle into...


Sweet ruffled cushions and lace trimmed sheets...


...A Rosette cushion fashioned from scraps and vintage brooch.

These days, you're either minimalist, or you have every item you own, on display. I prefer a middle ground. Each season (or celebratory season), I choose my most favourite items to have out on display, and store the rest. That way, we never tire of our pretty things, and we can pick and choose, much like shopping at home, to decorate, at will.

Try a spot of Snuggerising or Spring Cleaning where you are. You might discover new favorites too.


What's on your Tray of Bliss today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I always respond to comments, so don't be shy! Mimi xxx